Thursday, February 11, 2016

[Why?]



As of right now, the biggest problem with society is misogyny, specifically within the video game world. I am sick and tired of the non-diverse, ignorant aspects in video games that are released even to this day. For example, it took nine assassin’s creed games to feature female or other ethnic protagonists with instead of the bread and butter “white male hero”. Besides that, I am also strongly opposed to the exclusion of women in the video game community, and I realize that there are a good amount of respectful individuals within the community, but I came to learn that the toxic few are actually pushing female players to hide their true sex to prevent verbal assault. The last thing that bugs me is the negative connotation that is associated with the word “gamer.” Picture typical gamer in your head. What did you visualize? Probably a cheeto-fingered, overweight man living in his mother’s basement, when in fact, that is not the case for most. This personally aggravates me, as it tarnishes what it means to be a gamer. So, these ideas are what are going to inspire the direction of this blog, and hopefully give some insight to the misogyny that pollutes my passion to this day